In order for us to connect your products in the warehouse with the products from your online shop, they must be created in our system. You can create new products through the menu item “Inventory” / “Products” by clicking on the “New Product” button at the top right. Then fill in the following fields:
- Product name: Any name by which you can identify the product - this information is printed on the customs declaration for international shipments, for example.
- SKU: SKU stands for “Stock Keeping Unit” and identifies every single variant of your products. For example, if you have T-shirts of different sizes, each size is a separate SKU. If you have connected our system to your web shop, this identifier is crucial for us, since we use it to compare our products in the warehouse with your products in the shop. The SKU must therefore match the SKU name of your product in the web shop. If you make changes to SKUs in your web shop, these must also be changed in our system.
All other information is optional, but makes handling easier:
- Description: For your internal purposes
- UPC / EAN (barcode): Enter this if your products have barcodes, and we should scan them when picking
- Country of origin: mandatory information for shipping outside the EU (required for customs forms)
- Customs tariff number: Mandatory information for shipping outside the EU (required for customs forms)
- Reorder Point: Here you can enter a number at which point we should inform you, when the stock falls below that number. Let us know if you want to use this option, as this function has to be activated by us first.
- Net Value: Upload proof of the net value (cost of purchase/production) of your products on the "Create Product" page. These can be delivery notes with purchase prices from your producers, but also statements on production costs that show the material costs.